Northside Dental makes generations of families healthy through complete dental care under one roof. We happily serve children through adults!
Family dentistry encompasses a variety of services. These include regular cleanings to keep all of your family members’ smiles healthy and comprehensive exams to help minimize dental problems.
Every member of your family has different dental needs. The Northside Dental team is experienced in providing customized treatments to patients of all ages.
Here is a guide to dental needs for your family’s life stages:
- Babies: We recommend seeing your child at age one or when the first tooth comes in, whichever comes first. Baby teeth serve as placeholders for adult teeth, so they need to be checked twice a year as their teeth come in.
- Toddlers: Toddlerhood is the best time to teach children good dental habits such as brushing. It’s also the time they learn to be comfortable going to the dentist, so schedule regular appointments for them and encourage brushing at home.
- School-Age Children: From ages 6-12, children lose baby teeth and gain adult teeth. Regular check-ups can ensure their teeth are coming in correctly or determine whether orthodontia or other specialized care may be needed. We’re also looking for cavities at this time.
- Teens: Hormonal changes, sports, and activities all can have a bearing on proper and safe oral health. Teens should have cleanings and exams every six months, as the teen years are a prime time for cavities. Teens will also need to see their specialists if they have braces or retainers.
- Young Adults: As kids go off to college or leave the family home, encourage them to keep up with their dental hygiene. They especially need twice-yearly cleanings and exams, and they should, of course, continue at-home brushing and flossing.
- Adults: As we grow older, staining from years of eating and drinking can become evident. Periodontal disease can creep up, and teeth may become loose or decayed, calling for crowns or bridges. And, many adults want cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening or veneers.
- Senior Citizens: Our senior teeth may require some restorative work or dentures and bridges. Bone loss and poor nutrition can also contribute to dental problems as we age. Seniors must continue their regular check-ups and cleanings.
Northside Dental Keeps Your Family Healthy
Educating children on how to care for their teeth while they are young helps them establish healthy dental habits for the rest of their lives. We are here to provide the highest quality treatment to each member of your family and to educate children on how to maintain good oral health for years to come.
Northside Dental uses the latest technology to help diagnose and treat our patients. From X-rays to dental crowns, technology helps us keep our patients comfortable and our procedures the most accurate and effective possible.
Professionals & Services Under One Roof
From check-ups of little teeth to the restoration of adult teeth, we provide the services your family needs for a lifetime of excellent oral health. We help you and your family achieve optimal dental health, all with absolute professionalism.
Early detection of conditions such as gum disease, tooth decay, and oral cancer is one of the best ways to ensure you maintain optimal dental health. Northside Dental strives to provide the best preventive care for your entire family through regular dental exams and dental cleanings. We also place a great deal of emphasis on home care because consistent daily oral hygiene is also vital.