Your health, safety, and comfort is our main concern. We ensure proper controls are in place to protect our patients and staff and practice top levels of dental sterilization to deliver the highest standard of care in the cleanest possible environment.
Advanced practices in cleaning dental instruments and dental clinic sterilization are followed to ensure our office is clean and safe.
Safety and hygiene
Our staff is trained in protocols recommended by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Their recommendations are taken into account and incorporated into our regular routine.
We use the most current dental sterilization machines and equipment, including autoclave dental instruments, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. Using these machines to clean dental instruments ensures bacteria, viruses, and germs are eliminated with pressure, steam, and heat.
We ensure our office is clean and safe by incorporating the following standards:
- Equipping staff members with surgical masks and gloves
- Providing disinfectant soap and sinks throughout the office
- Using disposable materials that are discarded after each use
- Cleaning counters and surfaces with EPA-approved disinfectants
- Sterilizing equipment before and after each use
Most materials used in our office are disposable. This includes gloves, face shields, masks, and gowns, as well as gauze, brushes, and floss. These items are safely discarded after a single use.
Our team is skilled in best practices for using and handling disposable materials, ensuring proper storage, use, and disposal.
Sterilization of reusable dental instruments
Dental instruments that cannot be discarded are meticulously cleaned and disinfected after each use. The process below is followed to ensure the proper sterilization of dental instruments:
- Clean – All reusable instruments are thoroughly cleaned before being packaged and sterilized. We use a combination of cold sterilization, dental steam sterilizers, and other disinfection practices, which completely remove bacteria, germs, and debris.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in special sterilization packs.
- Sterilization – Once safely packaged, dental tool sterilization is carried out using FDA approved dental autoclave machines.
- Disinfect – After each use, all surfaces, countertops, and machines are disinfected using EPA approved cleaners.
Once cleaned, packaged, and sterilized, all instruments are safely stored until they are used. We take special care to follow strict protocols for dental instrument sterilization so that the only concern during your visit is a beautiful smile.
Our promise to you
Our entire team is committed to providing you with an exceptionally safe experience. All staff members undergo training in OSHA infection control, dental sterilization equipment, infection control in dentistry, and sanitation practices every two years to ensure the most current approaches are being used.
If you have any questions regarding the steps our clinic takes to protect you and your family from bacteria, diseases, viruses, and infection, just ask! Our team is happy to provide additional information and details regarding our protocols.
We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!